This weekly pay schedule operates in conjunction with the Upwork work week. You automatically pay for hourly contracts each Monday.
If your contract is fixed-price, you will need to issue your payment manually.
The work week is the first phase of the weekly pay schedule that applies to hourly contracts only. The time your freelancers log is automatically invoiced and paid according to the following schedule:
- Week 1 – Your freelancer tracks their time using the Upwork Team App and Work Diary.
- Week 2 – You are invoiced and charged on Monday. You have until Friday to review the Work Diary or file a dispute. After this the security period begins.
- Week 3 – The funds become available to your freelancer on the following Wednesday.
Upwork Work Week
- The Upwork work week begins Mondays at 00:00 midnight UTC and ends Sundays at 23:59 UTC. All Reports in Upwork are based on this work week in UTC.
- Depending on where you are in the world, your work week could begin Sunday evening or Monday morning in your local time. For your convenience, you can change your Work Diary between your local time, your freelancer’s local time, and UTC.
Freelancer Review Period
- After the work week ends, your freelancer will have a few hours to look over their Work Diary to make any final adjustments, if necessary.
- The freelancer review period runs Mondays from 00:00 midnight to 11:59 a.m. UTC. Work Diaries lock on Mondays at 12 noon UTC. At that point, the hours post to your account and you are reminded to review their work.
Client Review Period
- You have from Monday at 12 noon UTC until Friday at 23:59 UTC to review your freelancer’s work and file a dispute if there is a problem.
- You are billed at the beginning of the review period. This allows clients who may have been surprised by charges time to file a dispute. The funds will be not be released to the freelancer until after both the review and security periods are complete.
- The client review period applies to hourly contracts only.
- The security period allows Upwork the time to process each payment and for the funds to settle before they become available to your freelancer.
- The security period applies to all payments and refunds. This includes both hourly and fixed-price contracts.
- Manual payments, including bonuses and milestones have a six day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability.
- Hourly and weekly payments are considered in the security period from the time the client review ends of Fridays to when the funds are released to your freelancers on Wednesdays.
- Your payment will show as Pending to your freelancer with a future date that indicates when it will be available. On hourly contracts, the funds will show as Pending through both the client review and security period.